Work, Sex, Money by Chögyam Trungpa examines how the core aspects of life—work, sex, and money—can be used to foster a sense of individual fulfillment and spiritual growth. By exploring the deeper implications of these areas, the book provides insight into how we can develop our own unique paths to finding meaning in life. Through anecdotes and examples from everyday life, the author encourages readers to open themselves up to new experiences, challenge their existing beliefs, and ultimately strive for a more fulfilling existence.
Want to know more?
Work, Sex, Money: Key Points
- Money is an important part of life and is necessary for our economic survival. However, it should not be the primary focus of our lives. Instead, we should strive to find balance between work, sex, and money to create a harmonious life.
- Work can bring us satisfaction and a sense of accomplishment, but it should not become a source of stress or anxiety. We should not be driven by ambition or greed, but instead strive for meaningful work that contributes to society in a positive way.
- Sex is an important part of life and should be enjoyed with respect and understanding. We should be open to exploring different aspects of sexuality without judgment or shame.
- Money is a tool that can be used to improve our lives, but it should never become our master. We should strive to be wise about how we use our money, avoiding excesses and investing in things that will benefit us in the long run.
What to say about Work, Sex, Money
- "Work, Sex, Money by Chögyam Trungpa is an insightful exploration of how our relationship to these aspects of life shape our overall experience."
- "This book provides an engrossing look at the complexities of work, sex, and money in our lives."
- "Trungpa's thought-provoking perspectives on our motivations and behaviors around work, sex, and money are sure to spark meaningful conversations."
- "Chögyam Trungpa's analysis of our societal norms regarding work, sex, and money is eye-opening and thought-provoking."
- "The penetrating insights that Work, Sex, Money delivers into our motivations can be very helpful in understanding ourselves better."
- "In this groundbreaking book, Trungpa offers a unique blend of Eastern and Western perspectives on work, sex, and money."
- "Work, Sex, Money provides a deep look into the underlying forces that drive us in our pursuit of success in all three areas."
- "By exploring the connections between these three aspects of life, Chögyam Trungpa offers invaluable insight into modern human behavior."
- "This book encourages us to examine our attitudes toward work, sex, and money in order to create a more balanced life journey."
- "Reading Work, Sex, Money will provide anyone with a valuable perspective on the complex dynamics that drive our lives today."
What to post on LinkedIn or Twitter about Work, Sex, Money
- 🤔"Don't work for money. Work for the satisfaction of a job well done." -Chögyam Trungpa #MondayMotivation #GrowthMindset 📈
- 💡"The way to success is to discover what is necessary and go for it wholeheartedly." -Chögyam Trungpa #EntrepreneurLife #SuccessMindset 🚀
- 💭"Sex has nothing to do with love. It is simply a game of power and pleasure." -Chögyam Trungpa #RelationshipAdvice #Empowerment 💪
- 💰"Money is a tool that can be used in many different ways, but only if one uses it responsibly." -Chögyam Trungpa #FinancialLiteracy #WealthWisdom ✨
- ⚖️"The key to success in life is balance between work, sex, and money." -Chögyam Trungpa #WorkLifeBalance #WinningStrategies 🏆
Top 5 Quotes from Work, Sex, Money
- "The basic point is that if you want to develop yourself, you have to start by taking responsibility for yourself."
- "It is important to be able to look at the world in terms of being itself, without hope and fear."
- "It is important to give up hope, because hope implies that some ideal or fantasy is going to come true, which usually does not happen."
- "The practice of meditation is a way of connecting with reality and working with it rather than trying to manipulate it."
- "Your attitude should be one of openness and inquisitiveness, without any attempt to make a goal out of anything that you experience."
Other books by Chögyam Trungpa
- Cutting Through Spiritual Materialism
- Shambhala: The Sacred Path of the Warrior
- The Myth of Freedom and the Way of Meditation
- Meditation in Action
- Journey without Goal: The Tantric Wisdom of the Buddha
- The Heart of the Buddha
- Training the Mind and Cultivating Loving-Kindness
- Great Eastern Sun: The Wisdom of Shambhala
- Glimpses of Abhidharma
- Crazy Wisdom
- True Perception: The Path of Dharma Art
- Transcending Madness: The Experience of the Six Bardos
- Orderly Chaos: The Mandala Principle
- Life Cycles: Reincarnation and the Web of Life
Did you know?
Chögyam Trungpa developed the concept of "crazy wisdom" which is a type of spiritual practice that encourages unconventional behavior in order to break down habitual patterns and gain insight into reality.